Facing an audit? Audits come in various forms and are conducted by various government agencies for a number of reasons.
We understand the stress that comes with a pending audit by Revenue Canada, the Ministry of Finance, WSIB, etc. Sometimes they are just looking for answers for concerns that have been raised. Other times they will target an industry and conduct blanket audits. Regardless of the reason, we can help.
For starters, we always advocate doing everything you can to avoid an audit. Things that you can do to actively avoid raising any “red flags” and triggering an audit include:
- Paying tax remittances on time and in full
- Avoiding radical changes in the bookkeeping
- Maintaining integrity in your business dealings
- Staying current on all tax and related issues that affect your business
Our standard business and bookkeeping services are designed to keep your books and your accounting in optimum shape. This will help to mitigate the chances of an audit and help things run smoothly if an audit should occur.
If your company has been singled out for an audit, we can assist in the following ways:
- We can host the audit on your behalf
- We can interact with the auditor and answer their questions
- We can supply their document needs and access to your books
Connect with us immediately if you or your company has been singled out for an audit. At Chad Fehr Business Services, we will take care of it with you and for you.
Join The Conversation